Friday, November 7, 2008

WALKING IN STARLIGHT

When I chose the title, "Walking in Starlight," I was a little perplexed. Why did it speak to me so strongly? What did it mean? I had no idea. I thought it was just a random title and I liked the way it sounded. That was four days ago. Today, as I was driving, I thought, "We are all walking in starlight." We are down here on earth, cut off from our Father in Heaven, or at least we think we are cut off because we can't see or hear him and so we are living our lives basically in the dark, or in starlight, compared to where we came from.

My goal in the next few months--or maybe it will take me a few years--is to learn all I can about faith. I am also going to listen to a Conference talk on the computer, hopefully every day. I will read one too--maybe the same one--in the Ensign and study the scriptures. I want to be able to live my life in starlight as if it were noonday. That will come as I learn more about my Father, as I come to know I am not walking alone.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a secret blog? what next, are you gonna say you have another family somewhere down in florida that is also a secret? you busy lil' devil you.
    i love that picture of you, it is absolutely stunning!
    does your first blog know of this affair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure don't have much to say when it is just your thoughts. Hmmm I am blog starving. And none of my family members (not you) are cooperating. I bought your Christmas present yesterday. Just thoght you should know. YOUR GONNA LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you had these thoughts, you were really tuning into the greater Light of Christ.

    The people of Qumran, who wrote in the Dead Sea Scrolls, called themselves the Children or People of Light.

    In the Nag Hammedi scrolls discovered in Egypt, the people called themselves sunbeams or little sparks coming from the greater light of Christ.

    According to Hyrum Andrus, my favorite religion teacher at BYU, God governs the universe by using the power of LIGHT. The power of the Priesthood is really the power of light. Only it is a more refined light.

    There are 7 types of light that eminate from God. First, there is sunlight which is the least refined light and which quickens plant life. Second, there is the light of instinct which quickens animals. Have you ever wondered how birds know where and when to fly south, or how a mother dog knows to take off the sack and then lick her newborn pups until they breath? Next there is the light of reason and conscience which is there to enlighten all men (if they just listen). Fourth, there is the light of Gospel which can be divided into 3 more types of light each one more refined than the other.

    There is the light received through the regenerative powers associated with the application of true faith, then the light and power given by of the Holy Ghost, and finally there is the light of the Priesthood, the power by which God governs the universe. In the D&C it says that the power or glory of God is light and truth.

    ReplyDelete